You may say, “Yeah, my smoking is not a big deal,” even though your brain knows smoking causes all kinds of health problems including, you know, death. Here are some facts on the health risks of smoking that you can remind yourself of whenever you get the urge to light up.
- Smoking kills more Americans each year than alcohol, AIDS, car crashes, illegal drugs, murder and suicides…combined. Buzzkill. [source]
- More than 10x as many Americans have died early from smoking than have died in all wars the U.S. has fought in. Can you say kill streak? [source]
- Smoking causes 90% of all lung cancer deaths. Probably not worth looking cool for five minutes. [source]
- Smoking can cause cancer almost anywhere in your body. So that’s something to look forward to. [source]
- Smoking hurts your little swimmers. But it’s cool, I’m sure girls won’t think less of you. [source]
- Smoking affects tooth and gum health and can even cause tooth loss. HOT. [source]