Not that turning 25 means you have to reach full-on grandma status, but hitting the halfway mark of your twenties means it’s definitely time to reassess your life and make sure you’re adulting properly. Take a look at our list and see if you’re living in the past or if you’ve finally graduated from all the kid stuff.
- Do your own laundry. Preferably more than once a month, but we’ll take what we can get.
- Cook something that requires more than boiling water. Pasta + jar of spaghetti sauce ≠ “home cooked dinner”
- Get your damn oil changed! It’ll keep your car happy and healthy, which makes you happy and healthy.
- Dress appropriately for a job interview. If you’re not sure about this one, you have some Googling to do.
- Know how to fix a broken toilet. Seriously, this one will save you a lot of time, money and unpleasant smells.
- Learn how to parallel park. You may have skated through drivers ed without this skill, but eventually it’ll catch up with you.
- Make your own doctor appointments. This one may feel hard, but if you haven’t been to the dentist since you moved out of your parents’ place, it’s time.
- Stop smoking! While you may have thought it was cool when you were younger, you’re older and wiser now and know you don’t need that s*** anymore.